Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Day '08

Well, looks like I need to catch up...Christmas was a wonderful time at the Harris home. Christmas Eve we went up to my mom's house and spent the evening with Mom, Claton, Cam and Jen and their kids. It was a nice evening, had yummy fajitas for dinner and opened gifts. Then, Christmas morning the girls actually let us sleep in until 8am and then I had them wait another 20 minutes so that I could get the breakfast casserole into the oven. They were SO patient! I was so proud of them! They didn't get everythng that they asked for, but were really good sports and happy for what they did get. Although this picture might look like it was taken Christmas day after the flurry of the kids opening gifts, it was not. It was after about 5 minutes when I turned my back and Kendra (with her cohort, Karlee) got into the gifts under the Christmas tree. See Kim, this is why I insisted on putting the tree up in the office so that we could have it behind closed doors.


Here is another endearing picture of our 2 year old and her fascination with the pretty lights and shiny ornaments...found her taking one of her less frequent naps one day under the tree. Must've lulled her right to sleep....


So, here are some pictures from the actual Christmas Day...the morning was spent opening presents and having breakfast with my Dad and his wife, Lana. The afternoon was very lowkey, I was even able to take a nap and then we spent the evening with the Harris family. Hope everyones holidays were everything that they had hoped they would be.


1 comments:

Fancypants said...

I love Christmas...and you've captured why. Hope you all had a great holiday!