Well, we just got back from our "last hurrah" of the summer...the coveted trip to Lake Powell! Brett's family has grown up going to Lake Powell and since we've been married, I've been able to enjoy this beautiful place of peace and relaxation. It's been so much fun to know that every summer we all get to look forward to time spent together as a family with Grandma and Grandpa Harris and all the cousins. It is an honored tradition and I hope that someday my kids will appreciate it for what it is. My family, however, (being the Texans that we are!) haven't had the opportunity until this year. I think most of my brothers have been to Powell maybe once or twice, but have never really had the whole "stay-for-a-couple-of-days-sleep-under-the-stars-on-top-of -the- houseboat-build-campfires-and-ski-til-we're-waterlogged" experience. I do know that my mom and sister-in-law, Kim have never been there. We came up on a chance to buy into a time share on a houseboat that Brett's brother owned, for a screaming deal, and had a blast. Almost everyone from our family came except for my youngest brother Taylor and his wife, Valerie and their son, Isaac.WE MISSED YOU GUYS!!! Looking forward to next year!









2 comments:
I am SO jealous and SO glad the Housley's got to go!!! What a BLAST!
We wish we could have been there too!!! We miss you guys and love you tons!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment