Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Redhill aWard Winning Chili"




"Redhill aWard"-Winning Chili
{Makes 8 servings}
1½ lbs. ground beef
2 large onions,diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, diced
½ lb. chorizo sausage, casings removed and meat separated
1Tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. salt
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
Green onions and cilantro for garnish
Cook the ground beef, onions, garlic and bell pepper in a 5 qt. Saucepan over medium heat, until beef is browned. Drain and set aside. Brown chorizo sausage and then add the drained meat mixture. Stir in remainder of ingredients, except green onions and cilantro. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered until desired consistency. We served the chili with chips and sour cream.
**Ok, I did make some changes with this recipe, here they are: First of all, I have no idea what chorizo sausage, so I just used regular 'ole sausage. And the other thing was, after all the ingredients are combined, I added 2 cups of water.

1 comments:

our family said...

keep posting recipes! i love them. i've cooked a few of them and am loving having new ones!