Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am a Mother

"Motherhood is tough work, and there are days when giving two weeks' notice seems to be the best way-the only way-to escape the chaos. ... We go into motherhood expecting that it will require some strength; then we find ourselves in it and realize we're completely out of breath - with miles left to go. Indeed, motherhood is an extraordinary test of endurance and strength, some days requiring that we sprint, and other days asking us to swim uphill against the current."

I had to copy this quote from my sister in law Jen's blog, cuz I loved it so much. It's a quote from Jane Clayson Johnson's book, "I am a Mother." Jen goes on to talk in great detail about the ups and downs of motherhood and I'm tempted to copy that, too, but I'm not as noble as she is and anyone who knows me would know the difference! ;) I will say, however, that I do love being a mom to our daughters and feel privileged that our Father in Heaven entrusted me with these special spirits.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go tighten the 2 year olds straight jacket....

0 comments: