Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kindergarten has started.....

Living in a neighborhood chuck full of kids definitely has it's advantages...one of those being, lots of the same kids going to school together. So, there are 7 kids on just our cul-de-sac and with 6 of them going in the afternoon, the mom's decided it would be fun to walk all the kids to school together on the first day of school. Well, I didn't take Syd to her first day of school, I'm pretty sure Brett did though. (wish I had written that down...) Plus, my kids are pretty independent so I hadn't really thought about it. Well...okay.....I'll walk with you guys! :)
So, we get ready, had a fairly easy time picking out an outfit that we could both agree on and she even let me do her hair! We took the "token" pictures on the front porch ~
and are actually on time until it's time to find the helmet for the bike. Morgan doesn't want to wear her helmet "Look Mom, I'm fine!" as she rides her bike around helmet-less to prove it! Well, I'm running around trying to find it, get the stroller out, get Kendra in the stroller, make sure she has her BINKIE and all the while the group of Kindergartners and their mothers are walking on by....FINE, no helmet today, but you will wear it tomorrow. (I had this sneaky suspicion that she had hid it, which she didn't, but it was in plain sight on the driveway and I just didn't see it, but she did! I realized that after school when I told her I had found the helmet and she had this innocent "Where was it, Mom?" look on her face!) Let's go. So, off she goes on her bike, I'm trying my darndest to catch up to the group and she just sails right by them. I call for her to stop, she doesn't. Here's the next picture I get ~
Can you see her on the left, way in the front of the group? As you can probably figure out, she just kep on going until she got to school, put her bike in the bike rack (I was going to show her that!) and straight to class. She was so excited for school, she could hardly stand it! Now, I'll have to admit, I was bugged. You know how you have this picture in your mind of certain experiences with your children and they just never live up to what you think they should? Well, I know better, but a mother can dream, can't she?? Needless to say, I caught up to the group and when we got to the school, she was already in class and ready to go!

Now, is this the same child that when I signed her up (and paid) for 2 FUN summer activities that the cute neighbor girls were putting on, clung to my neck and absolutely refused to go??!!
Seriously kid, you could at least be consistent with me! :)

1 comments:

Jana said...

That is hilarious! Probably not for you, but it really is so funny! And I canNOT get over how gorgeous your girls are. Just like their mama.