Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Binkie A.K.A. The double edged sword!


Binkies are so great, but they are also a pain in the ass, too! Syd never used one, always sucked her thumb. There are disadvantages to that, (at age 7 she was still sucking her thumb without even realizing she was doing it and we had to take her to the orthodontist to put in a permanent "appliance" on the top of her mouth to wear for 6 months to stop the thumb sucking) but, there are advantages also. (don't have to worry about losing her thumb!)Morgan loved binkies, but I don't remember her being so addicted to them that she would walk around chanting "binkie, binkie, binkie" until she either found one or we found one for her. When she turned 2, I cut the nipple off of the binkie and that was it, she was done. I can't quite see Kendra doing that. She loves this thing and quite frankly, it's starting to make me a little nervous....you know that feeling when you're down to your last bink and you hold onto it for dear life for fear of losing that one and dealing with the consequences of her meltdown?! And your heart does this little leap every time you find one when you weren't expecting to?! Well, we're at that point and she turns 2 in less than a month and I'm sweating bullets! I can try and cut one, but I'm afraid that she'll find one and we'll have to start all over again. Brett keeps telling me to just do it, but he's not the one who has to listen to her all stinking day while she whines for her binkie. Help Super Nanny!

1 comments:

Katrina said...

Uh, yeah. She definitely seems to be enjoying her binky so good luck with that ;).