Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yum!


Ok, so it wasn't a HUGE hit with the kids, but Bett and I loved it! Valerie asked for me to share any new recipes I have tried and liked, so here ya go!

PS. makes a ton, so you can freeze and eat later!

Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden)

1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
1 large carrot, diced (small pieces ~ 1 cup)
3 stalks celery, diced (small pieces ~ 1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans (with liquid)
1 (15 oz) can great northern beans (with liquid)
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (12 oz) can V8 juice
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 pound (1/2 pkg.) ditali pasta (I couldn't find this, so I used small shell noodles)

1. Brown the ground beef and drain off fat.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute' for 10 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 50 minutes.
4. At 50 minutes into simmer time, cook the pasta in boiling water over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or just until pasta is "al dente" or slightly tough. Drain water.
5. Add the pasta to the soup. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve.

2 comments:

Valerie Housley said...

Yes! I love you!! I am totally going to try it! Thank you so much!

our family said...

that looks so good. i am going to make it even though the soup i made tonight failed and my husband doesn't like soup. it looks dang good. i'm still wanting to come raid your recipes and copy them. someday.