I got a wild hair on Saturday and thought I'd try and make homemade pizza dough, so the girls could make their own pizzas. Yeah, right. I don't know why I thought I could do it, I've tried before and it's never worked. I followed the directions EXACTLY. The first try was a wheat pizza dough and after realizing that it wasn't going to rise, I tried another completely different recipe and got the exact same results. Thank goodness for Little Ceasars $5 pizzas!
Monday, September 1, 2008
This is why I don't bake bread....
Posted by heAtHeR at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
i was hoping to click on your site tonight and see some powell pictures! It is 9:30, so I gave you some time :) Hey, is your yeast in the freezer? That is the key! And also making sure the water you add to it is warm - not too cold or not too hot. I had my yeast in the pantry and the dough would never rise. But, now that I keep it in the freezer it works like a charm.
hey heather!! i love your yeast story :) i always had the same problem. i agree with what jenny said and to add to her thoughts...it is all about the yeast!! you cant buy the packages at the store. they dont work. either buy it at costco or deseret book. (thats where my mom buys hers) and always keep it in the freezer!! you know it is good yeast, when you see it rising within the hour. love you all, and your three girls are BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment